Skip to content
Economy policy from the 2007 Green Book:
- Move to implement true or full-cost accounting, whereby products and services are priced according to the positive or negative impacts they cause throughout their lifecycle. This will allow our society to make rational market choices that will guide the economy toward environmental sustainability.
- End subsidies to highly profitable industries such as oil and gas, and shift funding to encourage the creation and growth of small businesses and rural value adding industries.
- Place an emphasis on local and Canadian ownership and control.
- Provide start up loans to stimulate the creation and support of new consumer co-ops.
- Encourage the growing and processing of hemp products such as rope, paper and cloth to create new rural investment opportunities.
- Work to re-establish efficient railways in order to reduce the wear and tear on our road system caused by oversized trucks using under-engineered roads.