Skip to content
Environment policy from the 2007 Green Book:
- Implement groundwater monitoring to provide reliable information on water quality and levels in aquifers and their variability.
- Start monitoring water withdrawals from industry and irrigation.
- Begin to collect and analyze regional health care data looking for abnormal health trends so as to identify any environmental causes within the region.
- Ban the cosmetic use of pesticides.
- Create new provincial parks to aid in conservation efforts.
- Increase the province’s recycling capacity by investing in new recycling centers and developing an efficient rural recycling collection program.
- Begin a cumulative impact assessment of all oil and gas activity in the province to understand the impact this industry has on our wildlife, vegetation and residents.
- Require that before a permit for a new oil or gas well is granted, the company has decommissioned and reclaimed an inactive oil or gas well.